Wednesday, January 11, 2012

BP #4 - Going Green

      I do really be concerned about food sustainability when I shop for food. I had tried my best to reduce my carbon footprint. I care about how to packaging to a minimum when I shop. For example, when I go to a market, I may chose to buy the loose tomatoes rather than boxed or plastic-wrapped tomatoes. Also, take reusable bags to the grocery store or bring my own recycle bag for packaging my food. In addition, I will try using cold water to wash my hand or launder things that don't need to be cleaned in hot or warm water. I go to a store which has lots of organic foods for sell often. I think there are many ways to "go green", such as take shorter showers to reduce water use, use a water filter to purify tap water instead of buying bottled water, buy organic foods and so on.

8 comments:

  1. Hi you have a short instead nice little story. Anyway good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should also give your opinion and ask the writer a question to have a good post!

      Delete
  2. That is a distinct paragraph. However, one of the support example I don't agree. I think that using hot water is necessary, we just try to reduce using it times. Do you think wash cold water that is miserable in the winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think using the cold water to wash hands is a terrible thing. When you get used to it, it is fine.

      Delete
  3. It is a clearly post. It also metioned some methods to progress "going green". However, I am puzzle about using cold water to wash things. I think it is impossible in winter. The water is too freeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should also ask a question for the best possible comment!

      Delete
  4. Although a short paragraph, you have packed a lot of good ideas into it! I agree with most of what you are saying. It DOES take extra energy to heat hot water, too, so reducing it is good. But I will not take completely cold showers! :)

    Do you carry a reusable shopping bag with you? I do!

    ReplyDelete